Monday, August 13, 2012

Backwards


I know, I know - I haven't posted in forever. But hey, I'm posting NOW!

Arrrr...I feel like a pirate in this outfit. Or Captain Morgan. Heh. All I need is a sword. Oh wait - I have two at home. No, really, I do. I'm that much of a nerd. 




So, I've been feeling icky lately, since I haven't been able to work out regularly in forever, and my pants aren't fitting as well as they used to (aka, NOT AT ALL). At least my butt is looking better.


Anyway, that's one reason that I decided to wear leggings today - it was kind of chilly (and by chilly, I mean kind of damp and maybe 70 degrees. It's Louisiana), but I didn't feel like wearing real pants. This is also why I wore boots - I always wear boots when it's wet and/or rainy. 

I just got these for $10 - aren't they awesome? I love wearing camel and black, and (for some odd reason) I really REALLY like wearing brown boots with an outfit that has a lot of black in it.

One thing to keep in mind is that you CAN wear brown with black (or vice versa). You just have to make sure that the brown is not very dark. If it's a lighter brown (like these boots) it contrasts nicely with the black, but if it's dark, the two have a tendency to blend together, and it looks like you're very bad at matching colors.








Speaking of matching...I love these earrings. My friend Natalie (who also happened to take these pictures for me) gave them to me for my birthday a couple of years ago, and I'm STILL wearing them. My sister-in-law gave me the bracelet.












































Fun fact - this is actually the front of this dress/tunic. That's right - I'm wearing it backwards! I really like the design on the front, and nearly always wear it that way. One day I'll have to wear it the right way and see what happens.

Dress/tunic - Staccato, from Change Clothes
Leggings - Mossimo, from Target
Boots - Change Clothes Consignment
Earrings - gift, from World Market
Bracelet - gift


Kisses!






No comments:

Post a Comment