Thursday, June 21, 2012

Audrey Hepburn



My boyfriend told me I looked like Audrey Hepburn today when he saw me. It must've been the bun and the sunglasses. And maybe the twirling.







I've been wanting to wear this skirt ever since I found it in an adorable vintage shop in Bay St. Louis. It's so delicate and lady-like that I couldn't help but feel pretty when I tried it on. Since the skirt set the tone for the whole outfit, I decided to go with feminine accessories, like these earrings.



I do that a lot - pick one item that I've been dying to wear and then build an entire outfit around that. Sometimes I even do that with a necklace or a pair of shoes...




To keep it from being too sugary-sweet, I went with a dark brown belt and shoes (also, these are the most comfortable pair of loafers on the PLANET). I also thought that the contrast of the belt did a nice job narrowing my waist, which is something I've been working on.




Weird side note: The pattern of shadows from the table next to me TOTALLY made it look like I was wearing fishnet socks and garters. 


Earrings: Ruby Boutique
Shirt: American Eagle Outfitters
Skirt: Vintage
Shoes: Aerosoles from Change Clothes
Watch: Charming Charlie's














Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment