Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fit to be Tied - Day 5


I love nearly everything about this pink shirt – the color, the lightness of the fabric, and the sleeves. However, the one thing that I’m not super crazy about is its fit. Sometimes I like it, but since it’s a little big (I didn’t realize it when I bought it) I feel like I need to be careful about how I style it. After looking at the pictures, I think it probably would have worked better if I’d thrown a vest over it or knotted it at the waist. Oh well, next time. 


I’m a major fan of this color combination – I feel like olive is practically a neutral, and I usually treat it as such.

These shoes are great too – I love wedges for summer, and ones that tie around the ankle are so pretty! They remind me of ballet shoes, and they can really emphasize a slender ankle. However, if you’re short (or just have shorter legs), you want to be careful about shoes like this that tie or buckle around the ankle, as they can make you look stumpy.

Final verdict: I like this outfit, but feel that it could have been a little better with my khaki vest. Maybe I’ll add a picture of that later, and you guys can let me know what you think. 

Shirt: H&M
Skirt: American Eagle
Belt: American Eagle
Shoes: American Eagle
Bracelet: Imagine Boutique
Book: Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes

No comments:

Post a Comment