Friday, September 2, 2011

Black and Navy

 I felt like this was a very sleek and sophisticated look. I love the shapes the skirt and shirt create - I actually do the pencil skirt and billowy blouse a lot.


They say it can't be done, but I DID IT! I'm talking about pairing black and navy together, of course. Most people stray away from this combo because it's usually a fashion DON'T, but I follow the same rules for this that I do for pairing black and brown - make sure that it's a lighter brown (or navy) so that it doesn't blend in with the black and make you look like you got dressed in the dark.





It's also a fairly simple outfit that I jazzed up with the accessories. This belt was love at first sight (the $2 price tag made it even better), and since it's such a shiny gold, I figured the simple but blingy necklace and watch would go perfectly.



















And the shoes are just awesome. Aren't they?

Shirt: Gap
Skirt: Forever 21
Necklace: Shoe Dazzle.com
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Bamboo via Obsession Boutique
Watch: Charming Charlie's

No comments:

Post a Comment