Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mischief Managed (finally)!




Once again, I’m interrupting the 30 x 30 to bring you all an important announcement: I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, and it was awesome. I actually saw it on July 16, the day before my 30 x 30 ended, which is why I’ve waited until now to post what I wore. 




I pretty much completely broke the rules and wore nothing in my 30 x 30 outfit, but hey, it was a special occasion. I also wanted to convince you all that I wasn’t nerdy enough to go in costume. 

Though still pretty nerdy

I tried to incorporate nerdy elements. For example, I wore my Ravenclaw tie with a white button-up (rather like a student), but instead of pairing it with a skirt and knee socks, I figured distressed jeans and wedges would be much more grown-up. 


 I also decided to wear my silver angel wing earrings to go with the Ravenclaw theme since their symbol is a bronze eagle. Eagles have wings, sooooo….yeah.


I feel like this outfit worked really well. I asked one of my guy friends, Phil, if I looked too nerdy and he replied, “No, you look badass, actually.”

I accomplished my purpose.

Mischief Managed (finally)!


Shirt: Gap
Tie: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Jeans: Anoname from Imagine Boutique
Wedges: ShoeDazzle.com
Earrings: Target

2 comments:

  1. I came here from Moms Have Style, Too. I noticed in your post your skirt is from Change Clothes. Do you teach @ SLU? I'm from Louisiana also.

    mydiaryofasimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do teach at SLU - English. Glad you like the blog!

    ReplyDelete