Saturday, July 30, 2011

Easy Breezy - Day 22



So, this was a day of running errands, and since it was unbelievably hot I decided to keep things casual with jean shorts and a t-shirt. Only this isn’t a t-shirt. This is one of the ways that the 30 x 30 has helped me think outside the box – I never really considered this or the other cardigan as “shirts” – they were always “cover-ups” to me, and strictly to be worn as an extra layer when I needed to cover my shoulders. 


I made what may have been the mistake of not including any basic t-shirts in my 30 x 30 (Awesome basics, but so boring! Who wants that when they can have detailed?), and that’s all I wanted to wear. Then I thought, “Wait – I HAVE a t-shirt! Or close to it, anyway.” And this is what I came up with.


I know it’s two days in a row of wearing one of these short-sleeved cardigans, but I don’t care – they’re different colors, after all. I thought I’d keep things basic with light colors and then add my color with the accessories.

These purple flats I got at Obsession (an aptly-named shoe boutique that I LOVE) have become a surprise staple for me - they go with practically everything I own. Granted, I wear a lot of purple, but still - they're awesome. Comfy, too. 

I love this belt, even though it’s probably the most expensive one I’ve ever bought – I actually paid full price for it at Fossil. But it’s so cool! I tried to keep all my colors in the same faded, pastel-ish range so that it all fit together. Hope everyone likes it!

Kisses!

Cardigan: Victoria’s Secret
Tank: American Eagle
Belt: Fossil
Shorts: Ameriacn Eagle
Shoes: Classified, from Obsession Boutique
Watch: Charming Charlie’s
Bangles: Charming Charlie’s and World Market
Earrings: A store in San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment