Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Isn't it Romantic? - Day 17





This outfit whispers “romance” to me. I don’t know why – it just does. Maybe it’s the fact that both my top and my skirt (which is a dress, by the way) have ruffles. Maybe it’s the ribbons that tie around my ankles and make me feel like a ballerina in wedges. Maybe it’s the angel wings hanging from my ears. Maybe it’s the soft colors in the outfit. Or maybe it’s all of those – I don’t know. At any rate, in my mind this outfit has become synonymous with the idea of romantic summer nights. 



As I mentioned before, this is actually a dress, not a skirt. One of the problems with that is that it’s got a lot of extra fabric, which is why I belted it with such a wide belt – otherwise, with the loose top, I would have looked frumpy.

Also, do these wedges look familiar (they should, since they're part of my 30 x 30)? It’s because I wore them here. I managed to figure out a way to make interchangeable straps for them, since the originals weren’t actually sewed to the shoes. I (and my friend Mindy) sewed metal circles to one end of each ribbon, and then thread the ribbons through those and the leather loops on the wedges to change the straps. I’ll include a tutorial in the next post, promise.






















I also love these earrings – they’re simultaneously badass and romantic, depending on how I wear them. I think it's because they simultaneously scream "Hell's Angel" (it's the dark etching) and "Turtledove" (the silver and the shape) Here, they’re romantic. With another outfit (which you’ll see later), they’re badass.  

Also, much love to my photographer, Jenni! I think she did a fantastic job, and if anyone is interested in getting her to photographs from her, just let me know. 

Shirt: Gap
Skirt (dress): Indian Tropical Fashions from Three Sister's Boutique
Belt: Target
Wedges: American Eagle
Earrings: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment