Sunday, July 3, 2011

Greek Goddess - Day 9


I know, I know – three posts in three days. Crazy! Really, I’ve got to catch up with all the other bloggers doing the 30 for 30 thing – they’re all on like, day fifteen at least, and I’ve only got nine up. I’m so behind.


Now, there’s a story behind these photos. See, my wonderful friend Mindy took several pictures of this outfit for me. However, it was dusk, and we didn’t realize how bad the light was until we took the pictures. I tried fiddling with them, but all that did was make the colors funny, so my friend Lauren re-took them for me. I’m still going to include the one above that Mindy took because it’s awesome, but all the rest of pictures were taken by Lauren.

So. On to the outfit itself. 


Can you believe that I got this dress from Victoria’s Secret? It was on sale for $20 or $30 – I can’t remember which. I got it forever ago, and it’s become one of my wardrobe staples. I love all the colors in it, especially the little hints of yellow that I tie my shoes and necklace into (even though you can't really tell in the detail shot). They're there, I promise. On the bright side, this has coral in it too, so I could probably wear my coral cardigan with this. Hmm...

It's also not as short as it looks - I'm raising the hem a tad. Since, you know, hemlines are fairly important to me this summer. Unfortunately.


The pattern is great too - I love that it's vaguely Middle Eastern or Greek. I tend to think of it as my Greek dress since it's strapless and all the colors are so crisp. I think of Greece as being very hot, with bright whites, cool blues, and warm oranges as the dominant colors. This is probably because every picture I've ever seen of Greece (I've never actually been there) is one of those cityscapes where all the buildings are white with royal blue roofs.
See? Blue, white, cream, and yellowish tones. 

I also especially love my yellow wedges – they were my very favorite pair of shoes last summer, and are still pretty high on my list of shoes (as you can see, since they made this list). They combine all of the best summer trends – zippers, ruffles, a bright yellow color, and woven wedge heels, though I don’t think they’re technically espadrilles. I feel like they become the focal point of any outfit I wear them with, just because they’re THAT awesome.

Kisses!

Dress: Victoria's Secret
Cardigan: Victoria's Secret
Belt: Flea Market
Necklace: ShoeDazzle.com
Shoes: Qupid by Obsession Boutique
Watch: Charming Charlie's

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I watched this dress for MONTHS! VS card and all that "I will pay for it later" stuff. I think you may have acquired the last one! Really, though, the reason I didn't buy it was because I could not accessorize it nor could I figure out the proper way to wear it without it being "beach" fare. Honestly, I would not have recognized it. You are a genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait 'til you see how I turned it into a skirt :-).

    ReplyDelete