Monday, July 4, 2011

Go Fourth on the River - Day 18


Well, I just realized that I am over a week behind on this challenge, at least as far as posting entries goes. Great.

Anyway, since it’s a holiday (and I managed to get pictures taken today) I decided to go ahead and post today’s outfit(s) even though I’m over a week behind. Also since it’s a holiday, I cheated a teensy tiny little bit.

It was a holiday!

I have two outfits today, and this is the one I wore for most of the morning. It’s cute, comfortable, and patriotic. Yay!

However, the problem (and reason I changed outfits) is that this morning I had hotdogs and hamburgers at my grandmother’s house, where there’s AC. Tonight, I went to New Orleans to Go Fourth on the River at the Spanish Plaza where I knew I’d be sitting outside in the heat, and I changed into this:



What's wrong with this outfit, you ask? Well...neither of the tops are in my 30 x 30 list. But it was a holiday! And I wore the right things earlier! 

Go Fourth on the River is really cool – there were various cover bands, and then the night wraped up with patriotic bands like The Victory Belles (who perform at our WWII Museum) and The Crescent Crew (our resident Navy rock band). Then there were dueling firework barges on the river, which was awesome.
Hellooooooo sailors!

Boom!
Boom, boom! Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon!
However, all of this awesomeness meant that the outfit I’d picked was wrong for two reasons:




1)   It’s HOOOOOOOOOT. Like, 100 degrees hot. I needed to be able to take off my outer layer, and I really don’t like doing that when my inner layer is just a tank top. 



































2) I knew I’d be sitting on the ground, which is not ideal if you’re wearing white shorts. So I wore regular jean ones instead.

And then, there was a puppy! This is Savanna, an adorable little Maltese owned by my friend Liz, who’s visiting from Ohio. She took these pictures for me. Isn’t she great?

Kisses!

Outfit 1
Outer shirt: American Eagle
Tank: American Eagle
Shorts: American Eagle
Shoes: Steve Madden
Earrings: Gift
Watch: Charming Charlie's


Outfit 2
Outer shirt: Aeropostale
Shirt: American Eagle
Shorts: American Eagle
Shoes: Steve Madden
Earrings: Gift
Maltese: Savanna, borrowed from Liz





Happy Independence Day!












No comments:

Post a Comment