Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sevens!


I interrupt the 30 x 30 with this important announcement: I have officially bought my first pairs of 7 for All Mankind jeans. Even better than that, they were only $35 each! And I bought them after I was done with the 30 x 30. So there – I didn’t even break any rules!



Where did I get such a great deal, you ask?



At Change Clothes, a fabulous consignment store in my little town. First, let me just say that this place is great. They get new stuff every day, and they’re very discerning about what they accept. Everything I’ve bought from there is in near-perfect (or perfect) condition, and the store itself is adorable.

They also have their own Facebook page, and they actually use it to promote their business by posting pictures of new items, which is how I got the Sevens. They posted a picture of the jeans (there were originally three pairs), and I, being a FB addict, caught it. I immediately commented and asked what size they were. Low and behold, they were MY SIZE! That kind of thing never happens, by the way, as I’m a fairly popular size. Then I asked how much the jeans were, and the store responded with $35. When I stopped hyperventilating, I ran down to try them on.


First was this awesome pair of white straight-leg jeans. They’re fairly basic, but fit beautifully, and I can wear them to work. I’ve been looking for a nice pair of white pants/jeans that aren’t distressed, and these are perfect. They work pretty well casually, too, as you can see. I feel very Brigitte Bardot in this, albeit the brunette version.

Can't you see the resemblance? It's the stripes.



Next, I tried on these tan cords. I’ve always liked corduroy – something about the fabric is just so cozy. These are a great shade, and fit like a glove. I don’t know if it’s just me or not, but I think they give me a great butt, which is always a plus. I also love the design on the back pockets. I really didn’t NEED these, but they were too cool for me not to get them.


The last pair I tried on was a black boot-cut jean that was equally as awesome as the others, but I just couldn’t justify buying them. I have lots of black pants (which I mainly wear as a waitress, which is my second job), and if I were to buy more, I’d want them to be skinny or straight-leg, which these aren’t. So, I decided to leave them for some other lucky shopper, who’d better treat them nicely and give them a good home.

The moral to this story is that you should never buy something just because it’s designer – I’ve seen plenty of authentic Coach bags that I personally though were uglier than some of the bags I’ve gotten at Target. Get something because you want it - not just because it’s on sale. What good is it going to do if you never wear it? If none of the Sevens had looked good on me, I wouldn’t have gotten them. They just all happened to be fabulous ;-).

Kisses!

Outfit 1:
Shirt: American Eagle
Jeans: 7 for All Mankind (!!!) from Change Clothes Consignment
Shoes: ShoeDazzle.com
Watch: Charming Charlie’s

Outfit 2:
Shirt: American Eagle
Jeans: 7 for All Mankind (!!!) from Change Clothes Consignment
Belt: American Eagle
Shoes: Oh DEER! from Obsession Boutique
Watch: Charming Charlie’s

No comments:

Post a Comment