Saturday, July 23, 2011

Expect the Unexpected - Day 20



This was an outfit that I didn’t think would work, but ended up loving. Has that ever happened to you?



Initially, I thought that the girlishness of the dress and the toughness of the denim shirt wouldn't work together, but decided to give it a try. Isn’t it cute?


I was getting closer to the end of the 30 x 30 (10 days left after this!!!), and starting to run out of ideas for outfits. Yes, I made a list, but some of the outfits on it just seemed so boring, and then there were a couple of times I decided to just wing it.

This was one of those times.

I love wearing shirts under strapless dresses – it’s a nice way to cover up for work without wearing another cardigan over them. I do find that I usually have to pin the dresses to the shirts to keep them up - has anyone else found a solution to this? Fashion tape, maybe? I felt like this would be an interesting contrast – the denim shirt is unexpected, but felt very fresh to me. I also liked the black accents, as you can see. 



This awesome hat isn’t actually mine – I borrowed it from my friend, Lauren (who also took these pictures for me). Bucket-style hats like this are great - they look good on nearly everyone, especially if you have curly hair. Maybe it's the way the brim frames the face - I don't know.



I actually originally wore this outfit with one of my hats – a cute little straw fedora with a black hatband. However, I made the mistake of leaving that hat in my car, where it kind of got crushed. See?


Poor thing. 

Hat: The Hat Shop in the French Quarter (borrowed)
Shirt: American Eagle
Belt: TJ Maxx
Dress: Indian Tropical Fashions from Three Sisters Boutique
Shoes: American Eagle
Watch: Charming Charlie’s


No comments:

Post a Comment